Crime Free Multi-Housing Program
The Crime Free Multi-Housing Program is designed to help tenants, owners and managers of rental properties keep drugs and other illegal activity off their property. The program helps reduce incidents of crime on the property. A three phase approach is utilized to ensure the crime prevention aspect, while at the same time maintaining an approach which is tenant friendly.
· Phase 1 is an 8-hour training seminar for property managers. Topics include tenant screening, crime prevention, evictions and drug/gang recognition. Attendees receive a certificate upon completion.
· Phase 2 is a security assessment of the rental property to certify that minimum safety requirements have been met.
· Phase 3 involves property managers conducting a “Safety Social” for the residents.
The benefits of Crime Free Multi-Housing include:
- Stable and satisfied resident base
- Increased demand for rental units
- Improved personal safety for renters, visitors, and employees
- Increase property value
- Safer and more secure environment
- Improved quality of life
Certification is easy. All you have to do is attend the next Crime Free Multi-Housing manager/owner training seminar, meet the CPTED minimum security requirements, and host a resident “Safety Social” where residents can learn about crime prevention tips and other city services.