The application and testing process for the position of Toledo Police Officer will begin September 1, 2017. Complete a Police Officer Interest Card to be notified once the process opens. Information on how to apply and the testing process will be provided on this page after September 1, 2017.
The Toledo Police Department employs approximately 707 people, of whom 585 are sworn Police Officers and 122 are civilians. Our motto "To Protect and To Serve" states the essential purpose of the Toledo Police Department. The department protects the rights of all persons within its jurisdiction to be free from criminal attack, to be secure in their possessions, and to live in peace. The Department serves the people of Toledo by performing law enforcement functions in a professional manner, and it is to the people that the department is ultimately responsible.
ANSWER THE CALL
Click the links below for information if you are interested in becoming a Toledo Police Officer:
Other facts about the police department:
- Patrols 88 square miles
- Patrols 144 parks
- Two district stations support eight patrol sectors
- Helicopter Support Unit
- Motorcycle Unit
- School Resource Officers
- Full-time training academy and firing range
- Detectives (Property & Persons Detectives, Domestic Violence, Missing Persons, Crime Scene Investigators, Computer Crimes)
- State of the art radio system (updated in 2012) with CAD dispatch
- Mobile Data Computers in all patrol carsReal Time Crime Center (utilizes technology such as computer programs and cameras to solve, predict and prevent criminal activity)
- Data Driven Policing
- Strategic Response Bureau which includes Bomb Squad, Metro Drug Task Force, Gang Unit, Vice and a full time SWAT Team
- Opportunity for promotion after three years of service
The City of Toledo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.