Golf Carts can be driven on the road in designated areas of Toledo, but must be inspected and meet certain conditions.
Inspections are conducted at the Toledo Police Department Tow Lot, 198 Dura Ave.
Tow lot hours are 9AM-5PM Monday through Friday, 11AM-4PM on Saturdays, and closed on Sundays.
Requirements of Golf Cart Inspections
To pass inspections golf carts must have the following:
- Functional brakes
- Brake lights (2)
- Headlights (2)
- Taillights (2)
- Turn signal
- License plate light
- Brackets for front and rear license plate
- Functional steering mechanism
- Windshield wipers
- Rearview mirror
- Tires (safe condition, 1/16 inch tread)
- Seatbelts for the front seats
- Proof of insurance
- $25 inspection fee due at the time of inspection.
Golf carts and similar vehicles must be titled and registered in the State of Ohio. All associated fees apply. Documentation of a successful inspection must be submitted in order to obtain registration / license plates.
- Operators must stay within the outlined districts within the City of Toledo.
- The driver must be at least 16 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Children’s safety seat regulations must be followed.
- All traffic laws apply.