Citizen's Online Police Reporting System
In another technological leap forward, the Toledo Police Department has instituted C.O.P.R.S. This is a new online reporting system for citizens wanting to complete a crime report without having a police crew respond. Only certain types of crimes can be reported online but the process will make it easier for citizens to file police reports for incidents where police presence or evidence collection is not required. The process will take you through step by step to ensure the incident meets the requirements for the online reporting process. If a police crew is required please call the TPD non-emergency number at (419) 245-3340. If there is an emergency please dial 911.
Message from the Chief
- Our Part 1 Crimes (those that we report monthly to the FBI) are down almost 6.5% compared to the first six months of 2014
- Homicides are down 58% from the same period in 2014
- Burglaries are down 17% from the same period in 2014
- All shootings are up 40%
- The number of people actually shot is up 5%
- Auto thefts are down 12%
- Complaints against officers are down 13%
As you can see, shootings are up from the same time period in 2014. This is NOT just a city of Toledo issue. Shootings are up, substantially, in most major cities around the country. That being said, be assured a plan has been developed that specifically addresses this issue. I look forward to reporting to you in a few months the results of our efforts.