TO FILE A REPORT:
* If you have an emergency, call 911 to have emergency units dispatched to your location.
* If you don't have an emergency, but you would like to have a police unit come to your location, call 419-245-3340.
* If you don't have an emergency and you wish to have police call you back to take an incident report over the phone, call 419-245-3340 and ask the call-taker to notify the Telephone Reporting Unit.
*To file a report in person, please visit one of our stations. Click HERE for the station locations.
*ONLINE REPORTS: Certain police reports can be filed online, see below for details. Accident reports can not be filed online.
The Citizen Online Police Reporting System can be used to file basic police reports when all of the following criteria are met:
- Does not involve use or theft of a debit or credit card
- No known suspects
- No physical evidence
- Doesn't involve the theft of a vehicle
- No injuries to involved persons
- Firearm is not involved
- Incident occurred inside the City of Toledo
- A report has not yet been completed
Reports can be created for the following crimes:
- Theft (Up to $1000 loss)
- Theft from Motor Vehicle
- Criminal Damage
- Criminal Damage to Auto
- Criminal Trespass
- Telephone Harassment
- Disorderly Conduct
After completing an online report it will be reviewed by Police personnel. If the report is accepted, you will receive an email that will include the report number. If you or your insurance agency requires a hard copy of the report, you will need to come to the Toledo Police Records Bureau at 525 N. Erie during regular office hours (M-F 7am-4pm). Please bring your report number with you so that we may better service you.
Citizens shall be aware that filing a false online report is a CRIME!
You must be 18 or older to use Citizen Online Police Report System (COPRS). If you are filing for a minor, call 419-245-3340. Before you begin, be sure you have a valid email address, pop-up blocking software is turned off, and you have all information related to your incident available in front of you.
If your incident qualifies for an online report and you wish to continue, please note the following:
I understand that by reporting a crime through this system, an investigation is NOT initiated. Nor will an investigator be assigned automatically to the incident. I understand that I will not get a follow up phone call or contact. I further understand that it is a crime to make a false police report. Anyone determined to have submitted a false police report could be prosecuted under the authority of Toledo Municipal Code, Section 507.07 (a)(3), a first degree misdemeanor, punishable by up to six months in jail and/or $1000.00 fine.